HOW TO HACK COLLEGE INTERVIEWS
BY MAHNOOR JALAL
You have been selected for a final interview to your dream college! Interviewers are officially meeting you for the first time, after carefully selecting you and a few others based on your profiles (well done!). The impression that you make here may be one of the deciding factor on whether they grant you admission or not. Here are a few tips you can run through that will help you remain confident and bubbly during your college interview.
- Research, research, research!
- Be specific and to the point
- Be yourself, but be your Best!
- Prepare for Common College Interview Questions
- Why do you want to attend this college/university? (Hint: Specific examples are always key! Your interviewer wants you to be as excited as they were–and are!—about their college).
- What’s your favorite subject in high school? (Hint: Link it with the degree or extracurricular activity )
- What do you want to study in college?
- What do you enjoy doing when you’re not in class? (Hint: Give examples that highlight your strengths)
- What are three interesting things about you that I wouldn’t know from your application?
- What’s an example of an obstacle, a failure, or a mistake that you learned from?
- Dress to impress
- Timing is everything